Thursday, February 16, 2006

Resistance is Futile

I had my first lesson in HTML yesterday and my head is still spinning. I AM NOT A TECHIE! I am doing this under duress only because I need to know how to do a few things here and on my website just in case my webmistress is unavailable. Nevertheless, it sucks. It sucks pondwater through a leaky straw.

I'd rather knit thigh-high stockings in laceweight yarn with 5 size 00 double point needles--with intarsia.

I whinged to my son-in-law and he laughed at me. Said it was "easy as pie".

"And when was the last time you made a pie?" I countered.

His AIM screen was blank for a long, long time. Finally...."Ummmm...."

I thought so.

Talking of knitting... I am on a quest for some silk yarn. I have a project to make for a VIP. And it has to be perfect. Silk would be the best option since I'm going to dye it. I'm thinking varigated shades of pink ranging from baby pink all the way down to deepest rose.

The Wednesday night Stitching for Sanity crew suggested a half-clap (short for clapotis). Which is a type of scarf or wrap that's knit on the bias with a deliberate dropped stitch built into the motif.

This idea has merit because the recipient probably doesn't have anything like it in her wardrobe and I have some funky handspun, that after it was dyed up looked like scrambled eggs with ketchup, that I can practice on.

The injured skillets from yesterday seem to be salvagable. I spent a while on the 12", heating and greasing, then I used it to fry onions, mushrooms and potatoes for supper.

I also very nicely pointed out to the perp that we just don't do things like that to cast iron. Not one whisper, not one syllable of apology escaped past said perps lips. Sometimes have to wonder if violence IS the answer.

2 comments:

itgirl said...

The tea bags are here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000ZKG3Q/ref=ord_cart_shr/104-4975243-7747965?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ADNBBTJLN8B2C&v=glance Sapat is the brand and they come in a tub with a screw-off top.

itgirl said...

Let's try that again, shall we?

http://tinyurl.com/9p6ov