Sunday, December 18, 2005

Guild Sunday

I wound up taking a box of Walker's Shortbread to the guild party, but I could have saved myself the effort. We were very heavy (pardon the pun) on desserts and not enough "real" food this year. Just the opposite of last year.

I sold about $100 worth of my alpaca. Whoo-hoo!! I'll take it to Distaff Day on January 8th and maybe I'll sell the rest.

Distaff Day, from what I've been told, originally was the day when the women of the household resumed the chore of spinning after the Christmas/Yule holidays. But for us, it's just another excuse to get together, spin yarns (the fibery stuff as well as stories) and eat yummy foods.

We usually hold our annual stash clean out sale in November but due to a conflict, we decided to hold it at Distaff Day. It'll be quite an event. I've been working on bagging up stuff I want to delete from my stash. (Don't ask me why I had to have that Leiscester Longwool--because I don't know!!)

No comments: