Thursday, December 22, 2005

Merry Effing Christmas

I'm out of a job.

My boss called me this afternoon and told me that due to some "legal problems" that have come up with Medicare/Medicaid billing he had to let me go. (Nothing that involved me) He said he was really sorry, tried to get an extension but the gov't said no way, he had to close down immediately. No severence, just paid through tomorrow. Probably won't even get the vacation time I'm owed.

So, tomorrow, I'm cleaning out my office.

On the bright side (and I always try to look for the bright side), a friend who also got laid off called and said that it really didn't matter to her because she had another job and was going to turn in her notice anyway.

A new lab is in town and they're full service (as opposed to my former employer). They came into the office where she was working, offered the doctors a better deal, they took it. The lab then turned around and offered my friend her same job with a huge raise!

She called the sales rep for this lab, told them my situation and she said she'd call me tomorrow and said if they get the contract for the doctor I've been working with, they'll hire me.

So, please keep toes crossed, think good thoughts, say a prayer, light a candle...do whatever you can to help me get through this, please!

On the knitting front, my little group has decided to return to the place where we were originally meeting. A little French style place that has scrummy, but too expensive food, and horrid lighting. The chairs are hard on middle-aged rear-ends and the surrounding conversations can sometimes get so loud it's hard to hear ourselves think let alone what we're saying to one another.

Well, I think I've rattled on enough. I'm throwing together chili dogs for supper tonight and I must get cracking.

Ta~~

No comments: