Friday, December 23, 2005

At Loose Ends

Spent the morning packing up my stuff and waiting for an opportunity to speak to Dr. D about this other lab. His last appointment was supposed to be at 11:00, but he had a slew of walk-ins. I finally couldn't stand it another minute and walked over there about 12:30.

Apparently my ex-boss is telling him one thing and me another. Dr. K assured him we would only be inoperable for "a couple of months at most". So he was a little confused when I presented him with the option of going with this other lab. But he said he'd be happy to speak with the rep.

It's just a matter of space. He has none in his office. The lab space is already leased to Dr. K and unless he agrees to sublet it, that's out...so....???

All I know is if I don't get my final paycheck...he'll be hearing from an attorney. I've saved up a huge amount of timecards and he's never once paid me time and a half OT like the law requires. I and several other disgruntled employees can make his life very uncomfortable for him if need be.

Update: Spoke with the Sales Rep for the other lab. She's calling Dr. D on Tuesday, then calling me to meet her for coffee after so she can give me the skinny. She did say that even if things don't work out with Dr. D there's a very good possibility that her company can find a position for me.

Tomorrow I'll be heading over to the lab to filch the lab logs for Sept. & Oct. so her boss can see what kind of volume I've been doing.

No comments: