Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday, Muddy Sunday

After getting a good soaking here yesterday with the threat of more rain, today, we're once again bogged down in that famous red Georgia MUD.Had the poo scared out of me this morning. Let the dogs out when I went down to make coffee. They came in while I was busy. I ignored them as usual. Then I heard this "scuffling" sound coming from the living room. That never means anything good.I turned on the dining room light and looked. Roxy was shaking the snot out of "something". I went over to investigate. It "looked like" a giant, hairy bullfrog, but could have been--well...anything, and since we live near a creek, God only knows what she could have found. ”Roxy, what do you have?” I asked in my quiet, “Mom voice”. She promptly dropped The Thing. I observed it for a moment, noticed it didn't twitch, so I got closer to investigate. It was once upon a time a stuffed toy, probably belonging to the kid next door.

Roxy said "Finders Keepers" and quickly regained possession of her newfound booty and hauled it someplace safe.



No comments: