Sunday, April 22, 2007

All Decked Out and Ready for Summer

As I write this, I'm sitting outside with my feet up, a sunhat on, and my laptop where it should be--in my lap. And I'm watching my dear sweetie build my Mother's Day present. (I get up occasionally and hold the tape measure, hand him nails as needed, and provide cold beverages and food, so I'm not a complete sloth.)

"What could he be building?" you wonder.

He's building a deck for the pavillion we bought a few weeks ago.

Here in Georgia, as soon as the freezing weather abates, the mosquitoes, gnats and other perils of southern living emerge from hibernation and proceed to make outdoor life hell for anyone who dares venture past the confines of their domicile.

The pavillion will provide a haven from these fearsome beasties, as well as shelter from the sun. The plan is to run electricity for lighting as well as power for my laptop and the blender, which will render delightful frozen concoctions with which to cool the tongue and inspire the imagination.

Are you an outdoor type person, or do you prefer distancing yourself as far away from nature as you can? Do you have a favorite spot where you feel perfectly at ease? Tell us about it?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love the idea of being outside, but when I tried the other day, I had great trouble seeing my laptop screen! Plus, I burn easily, and often get headaches in the sun, so...