Thursday, April 20, 2006

A Day in the Life Of....

Once again Roxy is forcing me to acknowledge her presence in my life by more than the usual pats on the head and morning cuddles.

She's been suffering from, I'll be polite here and say...digestive upsets. Tuesday morning found me manning the steam cleaner for about half an hour scrubbing away at my bedroom carpet. Yesterday was a repeat of Tuesday. Poor thing, I'm not faulting her, but I can't figure out what the problem is. She only gets dry kibble, the same thing she's eaten for months. She hasn't been acting sick. Her nose is cool and wet. I notice that when she shoves it in the crook of my knee when I'm least expecting it.

Last night, I dosed her with yogurt and activated charcoal. It seemed to help. I didn't have to clean the carpet this morning. Let's hope the trend continues.

Last night was Stitching for Sanity at the local library. We had the meeting room so we didn't get "shushed" by the librarian. There were plenty of sweets to go around Doug brought macaroons, Marilyn brought mini muffins and I think she was the one who brought the donut holes as well. It was a veritible minefield of empty calories. :-)

I hadn't been for three weeks and everyone has moved on to new and exciting projects...everyone but me. I'm still working on the half-clap. I may have to set that aside for a while and get working on the real one for my VIP, if I'm going to have it completed by the end of July.

I've also been busy with a writing class. This is an eight week long series for advanced writers and it's being taught by a gal I've known since I moved to Georgia. She's had 5 plays produced and has written something like 48 novels.

The recovery is going....not smooth, not 100% on target, but it's going. I've had a couple of minor blips but for the most part, my eating habits have reverted back to the normal healthy ones I had before. Not craving sugar and sweets like a junkie craves a fix and that's a blessing in itself. Hubby has even said he's feeling better not eating a heavy meal at night. I about jumped for joy when he said that. I've been set free from the kitchen!!! No longer must I weep and wail and gnash my teeth about what to fix for supper every night. A sandwich, a bowl of soup or a salad will suffice nicely.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Poor Roxy - and poor you! I hope he's doing better.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who sometimes has a weeping and wailing episode in the kitchen over dinner! LOL

The Book Fiend said...

I alos occasionaly have a "kitchen crisis" where it all gets a bit too much & you declare that takeout is the only answer & then feel guilty about wasting mmoney...

hope Roxy's tummy gets better soon - it's no fun having to continually steam the carpet!

southernlady said...

Sometimes animals just have upset tummies regardless of what you feed them. Out of 5 kitties, we have one that has a tender tummy.

As for the weeping and wailing over dinner, we resolved that back in Jan. Much easier now and we even know ahead of time what's for dinner.