Thursday, April 13, 2006

Birthday, Holiday, Chocolate, Oh My!

Yesterday was Daughter #1's birthday. She's now officially closer to 30 than 20. Yikes! Where did the time go??

Twenty-five years ago, yesterday, she took her first steps, but it seems like just last week. We've gone through braces, glasses, middle-school drama, the whole learning-to-drive thing, first boyfriend, first broken heart, and first job.

Hubby and I took her out to dinner last night. Greek food, one of her favorites. As usual, she ate half and took the rest home. I think that's the secret of her staying so pencil-thin.

At home, we had carrot cake, her favorite, before we called it a night.

Now, she's talking about having Easter Baskets. We used to do that when the girls were kids, but now? Double-Yikes! The thought of that much candy in the house, available at one time, gives me the heebie-jeebies. I just have no control when it comes to chocolate. I have to strictly ration myself or before I know it, I'm as drunk as Templeton, the Rat, at the end of the State Fair.

What I am going to do, though, is make a nice dinner. I have this recipe called Silence of the Greek Lambs. Basically, roast lamb shanks, with potatoes, and I'll saute some spinach and crumble some feta cheese to go along with it.

So, what are your plans for the holiday weekend?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Unfortunately, I'm the same as you - now we have easter eggs in the house, I have to have 'just one more piece'.. then another.. and another...

Glen now has a 5 day break.. but I'm not sure what our plans are yet.

The Book Fiend said...

We only have one Easter egg in the house - Dale's from me. I, however, have lots of Easter BOOKS in the house from Dale & my Mam, so I'll be reading those whilst he scoffs chocs. I think I got the better end of the deal there! I'm planning on chilling out this weekend.

Happy Easter!