Thursday, January 12, 2006

Anyone See A Shoe?

     I’m looking for a lost shoe. Its mate is still in the top of my closet where it normally lives, but the shoe in question is not. I think elves have taken it to play dress up. I’ve looked for the shoe and can’t find it anywhere. It’s not like it’s hard to spot. How many gold-tone leather pumps can there be in one house?
     At any rate, in less than 24 hours hubby and I will be boarding a plane for Los Angeles, so that means that all necessary items for our trip must be packed tonight. The elves must simply fork over the shoe or I’ll have to go buy another pair. I’ve given them a 12:30pm deadline.
     Yesterday the main characters for my next book simply would not leave me alone. They insisted that I write something for them. I figured I should probably do what they said or they wouldn’t give me a moments peace on my cruise.
     I wrote 38 pages.
     One minute it was 8:30 in the morning and the next thing I know it’s getting dark out. The only reason I came up for air was because the dog was dancing the pee-pee dance and barking frantically at me.
     I looked at the clock on the monitor and gloriosky! It was 5:30! I rushed through the house, threw a load of clothes in the washer, filled the dishwasher (and let the dog out), took a quick shower and still managed to make it to my knitting group on time.
     Poor Stitch N Bitch Gwinnett.  We’ve had a time of it lately. When I first started going, they were meeting at a little restaurant with hideous lighting and very uncomfortable chairs.
     A new gal joined the group and her partner just happened to work at a coffeehouse. She suggested we start meeting there. It was like knitter’s heaven. Comfy chairs and sofas, yummy food and drinks, and the lighting was excellent. Then, out of the blue, around Thanksgiving, the owners of the coffeehouse decided to close. They’d been open a mere six months or so and weren’t yet making a profit. Yet another fine example of the expectation of instant gratification.
     The following week we met at a Starbucks. Nasty, overroasted, overpriced coffee, teensy tables with teensy chairs and the atmosphere clearly indicated it was a “no loitering zone”.
     Back to the restaurant we went. Then one bright member suggested the library. Hallelujah! Nice wide tables to spread out large projects, chairs that are kind to middle-aged bums, and the lighting! Oh, I could wax poetic about the lighting! I think we may have found our new home. So what if they don’t sell food and drinks? If I want one that bad, I’ll bring it with me.
     This will be my last post until I return from the cruise. I promise to take lots of pictures and will post a couple so you can see what you missed!
     See you later~~
          

No comments: