Saturday, December 17, 2005

Introducing Myself

Hi!

Thought I'd post a brief bio for those of you who don't already know me.

I was born and raised in America's Finest City, San Diego. I'd have happily lived there 'til I went Tango-Uniform, but fate had other plans and I was dragged, kicking and screaming to Georgia 14 years ago. It's home now, but San Diego will always have a special place in my heart.

I still have to dip my tootsies in the Pacific at least once a year or I become unbearable to live with.

Hubby Alan, and I have two grown daughters. DD the Elder still calls our nest home and works as an admin assistant to a builder, but DD the Younger fled back to her California roots and married a young man from Los Angeles ( I call him Darling Geek SIL). She's in nursing school right now.

We have a house full of fur babies, too. Sunni, the "Alpha Bitch", a corgi-cross (crossed with what, I have no idea) rules the roost. Then there's Pester Ann, a timid little Rat Terrier, and Roxy (or Rox-in-the-Head) a mutt of unknown parentage with a penchant for eating shoes, garden hoses, rugs, pinecones and cell phone car chargers.

To keep the wolf from the door, I work days as a vampire (is that an oxymoron?). Meaning, I work drawing blood for a living. But my real passion is writing.

I just completed my fifth novel and hope that by February (the Good Lord willing and I can keep focused) it will be in the hands of both an agent and an editor at a major publishing house, both of whom have expressed interest in the project.

I've been an active member of Romance Writers of America since 1991 when I joined Orange County Romance Writers. Then in 1997, I joined Georgia Romance Writers.

When I'm not busy puncturing people's veins, or tapping away on my Alphasmart, I keep my fingers flying by spinning my own knitting yarn, then turning that yarn into things like socks, scarves, hats and shawls.

How I got into this is a story into itself, but in a nutshell...

Several years ago, my sister decided I needed a hobby besides writing. So, she sent me 6 POUNDS of llama hair and a drop spindle. I went along with the game and got hooked. Soon, I bought a spinning wheel, and before I knew it, I had wool all over the freakin' place!

Hubby gave me an ultimatum..."Either do something with all this yarn or stop spinning"...so I learned to knit.

I found out there were others with my addiction near me. Only they didn't have a 12 step program to stop...they were enablers...BIG TIME.

see: www.peachtreehandspinnersguild.org

Now, every Spring, you'll find me at least one or two weekends during our annual Rennaisance Festival dressed up in 16th Century garb sitting at our booth spinning away while paying guests gawk and take pictures.

Okay, I've rambled on enough for this first post.

Gotta get my shower and at least pretend to have some interest in household chores....

Til next time!

No comments: