Monday, July 23, 2007

Hug Your Kids

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes right now.

A fellow Blogger and Bella, Rachd, will be saying goodbye today to her beautiful baby, Hannah, today. Hannah's life here on Earth was cut tragically short when she died in a swimming accident this past Thursday.

A devoted mom, Rachd blogged about her life with her two beautiful daughters, Hannah and Lily.

My two girls are now grown and I'm a little sad that I didn't have the opportunity to do the same thing, since the computer age was just beginning when they were born.

As a mom, though, I naturally fretted and worried over my girls. Every time they went to camp, on a field trip or I had to leave them for any extended period of time, I wouldn't be able to take an easy breath until they were once more under my protection.

I realize now how silly that was. Things happen, and you can't protect them from everything.

Now, my girls are adult young women on their own. One is married and living in California and the other is living across town.

How I wish I could take them both in my arms and squeeze them tight.

I'm going to call them both today and remind them to be careful out there--because I love them and want to have them around for a long, long time.

1 comment:

Janice in GA said...

Oh, that's so sad. Life can change drastically in just a few seconds.