Sunday, May 07, 2006

Going Clubbing

My husband likes to shop. Shop as in "retail therapy" type shopping. Yeah, it's a little weird, but how many wives can say their husbands love to shop with them?

Yesterday, I think we set a personal best record for warehouse club shopping. We started out going to this open air mall called The Forum...it's in an upscale part of the county and has some unique shops that I don't have access to locally...Yet...but we're working on it.

In the meantime...we ambled through this mall, enjoying the fresh spring air, looking in shop windows. We even stopped and had lunch at a little deli where I enjoyed not only a lucsious Reuben sandwich, but a bottle of San Pelligrino sparkling spring water with a lemon twist. I mentioned to hubby that I really liked this stuff and wished I had access to it at home.

He immediately hit on the idea of going to BJ's, a warehouse club where we have membership and is just a short distance from the mall. We didn't find San Pelligrino, but we did find a 24-pack of Perrier...the next best thing. From there, we headed to Duluth to pick up Hubby's contact lenses from the Costco eye care center. Not having anything else to do, we wandered around, sampling goodies offered by the ladies and gents in the green aprons. Hubby had recently bought a very nice "Aloha" shirt there and was disappointed they didn't have any more.

I made the mistake of saying that perhaps they'd taken all the really good stuff and moved it to the new Costco that opened this week up the road in Buford. I blinked and before I knew it, we were in the car, headed to Buford.

Hubby found another one of his shirts and I found a bottle of 10 year old tawny port wine I'd been wanting for a recipe.

THREE warehouse clubs in a single day! That's got to be a record--at least for us.

Where do you like to shop? What's your favorite store and why?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glen doesn't like shopping, so I always feel I have to hurry. I take him when I need his credit card.. and leave him behind when I want to take my time! LOL