Wednesday, March 15, 2006

So Much For Good Intentions

This is an addendum to this morning's post. I was feeling so good about how much I'd gotten accomplished, I decided to take a break, go outside and enjoy the sunshine and read for a bit.

I'd no sooner gotten comfortable and was happily reading when the wind kicked up a little. A bit of blinding white paper caught my eye out on the lawn. I say lawn, with a roll of the eyes because it's really just a long stretch of GA red clay with patches of crabgrass and weeds...anyway...I put my book down (A Belated Bride, by Karen Hawkins. Bought it at a booksigning years ago and it's been on my TBR stack)...where was I? Oh yeah, the white paper. I walked over and it turns out the white paper is a play slip for the GA Lottery Win For Life Game.

Several days ago hubby had bought some(10) tickets and brought them home and forgot where he put them. He enlisted my aid in searching for them and could only tell me "It was a metallic surface". Gee, that's helpful.

We both looked and never found the tickets, until I stumbled upon them this morning. Turns out he'd gone directly from the car to the back yard and placed the tickets on our barbeque and promptly forgotten all about them.

So, there I was on a bizzare sort of Easter Egg Hunt searching the yard for these little white pieces of paper. I only found 5 of them and for my efforts I wound up with an asthma attack from breathing in oaktree pollen.

All desire to continue writing today has left me. I want a shot of Jamesons--make that a double-- and a bubble bath.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh for the love of pete..... woman... did you win anything?

I mean what is the point of the grand search and risking the darn asthma demons if you didn't at least scratch them!

Cinthia Hamer said...

LOL!A whopping $10.00...but...hubby traded that ticket for a scratcher and won $100. :) He's taking me to lunch Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I knew it... you had a little luck today....

Michelle said...

$100 :)
shame it took an asthma attack to achieve it!