Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Goodbye Febru-Ugly --Hello March!

--Who came in like a lamb. :)

Anyone else breathing a sigh of relief that the first day of spring is just twenty days away?

The first income tax refund check arrived yesterday so we celebrated and bought a new vacuum. woo-hoo.

After a test run on the clapotis last Wednesday night, I'm ready to start for real tonight. Just have to remember where I put the frassing stitch markers I bought.

I've also bought the necessary items for engineering a new scotch tension band on my spinning wheel. Don't think I mentioned it before but I got to my meeting on Sunday and discovered it was missing. Had to borrow the guild's little Kiwi for the day in order to spin at all.

I could have just ordered a new tension kit, but I'm not a patient person and the thrifty Scot in me comes out when I see something for $15.00 (including shipping) that I could make for under $5.00.

A big congrats to the Knitting Olympics Team Georgia members who got their projects done. St. Janice must have set a world's record for sweater knitting.

On the writing front, I've finished rewrites on chapter three of Opus #5 and have started on chapter four (9 pages!). I meet with Miss Mary on Friday to see the results of her critique and proofreading. One more chapter and I think I'll have enough to send off to the editor and agent I met last fall.

Okay, off to figure out what to feed the other people in the house before I set out for Stitching for Sanity.

3 comments:

Mouse said...

For some reason my family insists that I feed them before I leave for SNB tonight too - no idea why. See you tonight!

Michelle said...

I can't wait for Spring.. Winter has dragged on just a little too long.

The Book Fiend said...

It came i like a lion here - all blizzardy snow storms everywhere. It was really pretty, but you soon get sick of being the only one who can make it into work & being unable to use the "snowed in" excuse like everyone else - bah!

Now it's all just rainy & blustery. I hope we have a major improvement, sharpish!